IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:44
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to Amaq News Agency, run by the Islamic State (IS) militants.
The Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement on SITE Intellegence Group website.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea
- Ever Heard of Bubble Tea? Everything You Didn't Know About This Unique Drink
- PM to visit Sunamganj haors Apr 30
- SSC results on 4 May
- 'Put people over profit to end fashion slavery'
- President, PM greet NMST's golden jubilee celebration
- Shakib Khan served legal notice
- ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ new poster shows Anushka Shetty in all her royal glory
- Pregnancy or PMS? 11 ways to spot the difference
- Dhaka-Thimphu to work in power, water resources & connectivity: Statement
- Safety rules ignored in Cox's Bazar beach
- Bangladesh students are welcome in US
- 'Ruppur nuclear power plant's construction set to begin in June'
- Bhutan to facilitate entry of Bangladeshi products
- PM returns home from Bhutan
- Policewomen honoured for their contribution
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Venezuelan protests against government leave 3 dead