IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
Published : 18 Mar 2017, 12:44
The Islamic State (IS) has claimed the responsibility for the suicide blast at the RAB office in Dhaka city’s Ashkona area on Friday that took the life of the suspected attacker and injured two RAB men, according to Amaq News Agency, run by the Islamic State (IS) militants.
The Middle East-based militant outfit's news agency Amaq made the announcement on SITE Intellegence Group website.
A suicide bomber rattled the Ashkona RAB office on Friday afternoon, killing himself by detonating a bomb.
RAB's legal and media wing director Mufti Mahmud Khan said a young man was trying to enter the camp. When the RAB members challenged him, he detonated a bomb that was strapped to his body.
The blast killed him on the spot and injured two RAB members.
His body has been defaced by the seismic blast.
The suicide bomber is about 25 years' old, said RAB officials.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- 23 July Births
- 23 July Deaths
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters