PM for modernizing weaving industry, multipurpose use of products
Published : 19 Mar 2017, 16:00
Putting emphasis on modernization of weaving industry and multipurpose use of its products, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today assured of extending all kinds of cooperation for further expansion of the industry.
"Weaving is a high quality art and our aim is to expand and modernize the industry ... we are ready to extend cooperation whatever is necessary and we would continue it for the further development of the industry," she said.
The prime minister was addressing as the chief guest the first national council of Bangladesh Tanti League at the Krishibid Institution, Bangladesh auditorium at Farmgate in the capital.
Bangladesh Tanti League Convenor Enajur Rahman Chowdhury presided over the council, while second Joint Convenor of the organisation Sadhana Das Gupta delivered the welcome address.
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Qauder was present on the dais.
Member Secretary of the Council Preparatory Committee Engineer Md Shawkat Ali placed the obituary reference and the first Joint Convenor Khagen Chandra Debnath submitted the organizational report.
Earlier, the prime minister inaugurated the council of the Tanti League, the Awami League's 'tantis' (weavers) front, by hoisting the national flag and releasing pigeons. Convenor of the organisation Enajur Rahman Chowdhury raised the party flag at that time.
A minute's silence was also observed as a mark of profound respect to the memory of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as other leaders and workers of Awami League and its associate bodies who embraced martyrdom in different movements of the country.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan