'Mastermind' of murder of Dinajpur pir, disciple arrested: RAB
Published : 20 Mar 2017, 16:18
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) has detained the 'mastermind' of murder of a religious group leader and his female disciple from the frontiner area of Bhuringamari in Kurigram district.
The RAB-13 claimed this at a press briefing at its office in Rangpur on Monday.
On 13 March, a pir (religious group leader), Farhad Hossain Chowdhury, 60, and one of his female disciples, Rupali Begum, 18, were killed in his own Khanqah (shrine) in Doula village in Dinajpur.
The RAB also claimed that Md. Shafiqul Islam aka Babu, 28, was the mastermind of the murder plot.
RAB-13 commander ATM Atiqullah said another pir from Kurigram, Ishak Ali, instigated Shafiqul Islam, who has already been detained, to kill the Dinajpur pir, Farhad Hossain and his disciple.
On 15 March, the police detained three people from Kurigram and Dinajpur districts in connection with the double murder.
Atiqullah said two of the detainees have already recorded their statements that revealed that pir Ishak was behind the double murder.
The RAB is now carrying out a 'shadow investigation' along with the police, into the murder incident, the RAB commander added.
Also, Dinajpur police superintendent Md Hamidul Alam confimed that the double murder was the sequel to a conflict between the two religious group leaders.
Pir Ishak and disciple of slain pir Saidur are the masterminds of the murders, according to the police superintendent.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara