HSC, equivalent exams begin today
Published : 02 Apr 2017, 11:09
This year’s Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations will begin across the country on Sunday, reports news agency UNB.
The written examinations will end on 1 May while the practical tests will be held from 16 May to 25 May.
The Education Ministry published the examination routines in its website on 2 February.
A total of 11,83,686 candidates -- 6,35,697 boys and 5,47,989 girls-from 8,864 institutions under eight general education boards, Madrasah Education Board, Bangladesh Technical Education Board and Diploma in Business Studies (DIBS) Board will appear at the HSC and its equivalent examinations this year through 2,497 examination centres across the country.
Of them, 9,82,783 examinees will sit for HSC examination, while 99,320 for Alim examination, 96,914 for HSC (BM/Vocational) examination and 4,669 examinees for DIBS examination.
Among the general boards, the highest 3,36,693 examinees will appear under Dhaka Board, 1,23,616 under Rajshahi Board, 1,06,772 under Dinajpur Board, 1,04,129 under Jessore Board, 1,01,450 under Comilla Board, 83,193 under Chittagong Board, 65,368 under Sylhet and 61,562 under Barisal Board.
In the eight general education boards, a total of 2,17,521 candidates will sit for the HSC examination from the science group, including agriculture and home economics, while 4,98,005 from humanities group and 2,67,257 from business studies group.
This year a total of 271 examinees will appear at the HSC examination through seven oversees examination centres-two each in Saudi Arabia and UAE, and one each in Qatar, Libya and Bahrain.
In 2016, a total of 12,18,628 examinees from 8,533 institutions sat for the HSC and its equivalent examinations through 2,452 examination centres in the country.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises