HSC, equivalent exams begin today
Published : 02 Apr 2017, 11:09
This year’s Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) and its equivalent examinations will begin across the country on Sunday, reports news agency UNB.
The written examinations will end on 1 May while the practical tests will be held from 16 May to 25 May.
The Education Ministry published the examination routines in its website on 2 February.
A total of 11,83,686 candidates -- 6,35,697 boys and 5,47,989 girls-from 8,864 institutions under eight general education boards, Madrasah Education Board, Bangladesh Technical Education Board and Diploma in Business Studies (DIBS) Board will appear at the HSC and its equivalent examinations this year through 2,497 examination centres across the country.
Of them, 9,82,783 examinees will sit for HSC examination, while 99,320 for Alim examination, 96,914 for HSC (BM/Vocational) examination and 4,669 examinees for DIBS examination.
Among the general boards, the highest 3,36,693 examinees will appear under Dhaka Board, 1,23,616 under Rajshahi Board, 1,06,772 under Dinajpur Board, 1,04,129 under Jessore Board, 1,01,450 under Comilla Board, 83,193 under Chittagong Board, 65,368 under Sylhet and 61,562 under Barisal Board.
In the eight general education boards, a total of 2,17,521 candidates will sit for the HSC examination from the science group, including agriculture and home economics, while 4,98,005 from humanities group and 2,67,257 from business studies group.
This year a total of 271 examinees will appear at the HSC examination through seven oversees examination centres-two each in Saudi Arabia and UAE, and one each in Qatar, Libya and Bahrain.
In 2016, a total of 12,18,628 examinees from 8,533 institutions sat for the HSC and its equivalent examinations through 2,452 examination centres in the country.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life