India visit: PM briefing media
Published : 11 Apr 2017, 17:06
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is briefing media right now about the outcome of her four-day India tour.
The premier started briefing at 4:30 pm at her official residence Gono Bhaban.
She returned home ending her four-day state visit to India last evening.
On Friday, Hasina along with her entourage left Dhaka on the official visit to India where Dhaka and New Delhi signed 34 instruments in the forms of agreements, MoUs and bilateral documents after the two premiers' talks at the Hyderabad House.
Sheikh Hasina paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi, the preeminent leader of the Indian independence movement in British-ruled India, by placing a wreath at his Samadhi in Rajghat.
The two prime ministers unveiled the Hindi edition of Bangabandhu's autobiography "Unfinished Memoirs of Bangabandhu".
Sheikh Hasina honoured Indian Armed Forces members who embraced martyrdom in Bangladesh's 1971 Liberation War.
At the fag-end of her tour, Sheikh Hasina joined a reception accorded by India Foundation and attended a business event in New Delhi.
It was Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's maiden official visit to India after her present government was voted to power through the January 5 elections in 2014.
The premier last paid her official visit to India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'