India visit: PM briefing media
Published : 11 Apr 2017, 17:06
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is briefing media right now about the outcome of her four-day India tour.
The premier started briefing at 4:30 pm at her official residence Gono Bhaban.
She returned home ending her four-day state visit to India last evening.
On Friday, Hasina along with her entourage left Dhaka on the official visit to India where Dhaka and New Delhi signed 34 instruments in the forms of agreements, MoUs and bilateral documents after the two premiers' talks at the Hyderabad House.
Sheikh Hasina paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi, the preeminent leader of the Indian independence movement in British-ruled India, by placing a wreath at his Samadhi in Rajghat.
The two prime ministers unveiled the Hindi edition of Bangabandhu's autobiography "Unfinished Memoirs of Bangabandhu".
Sheikh Hasina honoured Indian Armed Forces members who embraced martyrdom in Bangladesh's 1971 Liberation War.
At the fag-end of her tour, Sheikh Hasina joined a reception accorded by India Foundation and attended a business event in New Delhi.
It was Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's maiden official visit to India after her present government was voted to power through the January 5 elections in 2014.
The premier last paid her official visit to India in January 2010 which was reciprocated by her Indian counterpart in June 2015.
- Most viewed
- Stress just as unhealthy as junk food
- HC for probe into child’s birth, death on hospital compound
- Canada’s Quebec province to ban face coverings in public sector
- Brad Pitt eyeing Angelina Jolie’s lookalike
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Woman holds world record for sleeping with 919 men in one day
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- 18 October Events
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Jennifer Aniston donates $1 mn to charity