Ctg Baishakhi wall paintings damaged with burnt oil
Published : 12 Apr 2017, 17:10
Some miscreants sprayed burnt oil on the wall paintings that were drawn in the port city to celebrate the Bangla New Year by the Chittagong University students.
The students and teachers of Fine Arts Institute of Chittagong University painted some pictures on a wall in front of the institute to celebrate the Bangla New Year 1424.
Several young men came to the place last midnight and defaced the paintings with burnt oil, alleged Sajib Sen, convenor of the institutes Pahela Baishakh celebration committee.
The teachers and students have expressed anger and dismay on this condemnable act.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge