PM sings along to welcome Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 13:31
As the entire country celebrated the first day of the Bengali New Year yesterday, clad in bright colors, braving the heat and singing songs, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also did not hold back in the celebrations.
The premier and other leaders sang along to the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet. Her little stint was caught on camera and shared on social media network by State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim.
As Rabindranath’s prayer song “Anondo loke, mongola loke, birajo, sotto sundaro” rang through the airs, the PM was seen swaying along to the familiar tunes.
A program was arranged at the lawn of Gono Bhaban on the occasion of Bangla New Year 1424.
Greeting the country’s people as well as the Bangalis living across the world, the PM wished that the Bengali New Year will bring happiness, peace and progress for all.
On her arrival at the venue around 10:30 am yesterday, the prime minister was greeted with bouquets by the central leaders of Bangladesh Awami League, when Rabindranath Tagore's famous Baishakhi song ‘Esho Hey Baishakh Esho Esho’ was sung by artistes Subir Nandi, Lily Islam, Shama Rahman and others.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting