PM sings along to welcome Baishakh
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 13:31
As the entire country celebrated the first day of the Bengali New Year yesterday, clad in bright colors, braving the heat and singing songs, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also did not hold back in the celebrations.
The premier and other leaders sang along to the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet. Her little stint was caught on camera and shared on social media network by State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim.
As Rabindranath’s prayer song “Anondo loke, mongola loke, birajo, sotto sundaro” rang through the airs, the PM was seen swaying along to the familiar tunes.
A program was arranged at the lawn of Gono Bhaban on the occasion of Bangla New Year 1424.
Greeting the country’s people as well as the Bangalis living across the world, the PM wished that the Bengali New Year will bring happiness, peace and progress for all.
On her arrival at the venue around 10:30 am yesterday, the prime minister was greeted with bouquets by the central leaders of Bangladesh Awami League, when Rabindranath Tagore's famous Baishakhi song ‘Esho Hey Baishakh Esho Esho’ was sung by artistes Subir Nandi, Lily Islam, Shama Rahman and others.
- Most viewed
- Soha Ali Khan’s baby shower preparations are on in full swing
- Cheesy Potato Chips
- National Women's Chess begins Saturday
- NASA’s latest communications satellite arrives in orbit
- Facebook shuts down chat platform used to ‘harass’ employees
- Different brand choices can make dent in relationship
- Development works near Sundarbans jeopardise people’s lives: Sultana Kamal
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Deaths
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- 17 August Events
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses