SC goes into vacation tomorrow
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 14:08
The Supreme Court (SC) is scheduled to go into a 21-day break tomorrow, leaving the vacation benches and the court of Chamber Judge to deal with the urgent matters at the High Court and Appellate Division respectively.
Regular activities of the SC will be off limit because of government holidays, weekly holidays and SC vacation from April 16 to May 6. But Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha already has constituted 16 vacation benches at the High Court Division and the court of Chamber Judge at the Appellate Division to dispose of the emergency matters during the vacation.
According to a notice signed by Deputy Registrar Md Azizul Haque, those 16 vacation benches will hold hearing on different matters on different dates.
On the other hand, another notice signed by SC Additional Registrar Arunava Chakraborty, Justice Hasan Foez Siddique has been nominated as Appellate Division Chamber Judge for the period and will dispose of emergency matters on April 18, 25 and on May 2.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Van attack on London Muslims suggests new polarization
- 22 June Events
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears