SC goes into vacation tomorrow
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 14:08
The Supreme Court (SC) is scheduled to go into a 21-day break tomorrow, leaving the vacation benches and the court of Chamber Judge to deal with the urgent matters at the High Court and Appellate Division respectively.
Regular activities of the SC will be off limit because of government holidays, weekly holidays and SC vacation from April 16 to May 6. But Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha already has constituted 16 vacation benches at the High Court Division and the court of Chamber Judge at the Appellate Division to dispose of the emergency matters during the vacation.
According to a notice signed by Deputy Registrar Md Azizul Haque, those 16 vacation benches will hold hearing on different matters on different dates.
On the other hand, another notice signed by SC Additional Registrar Arunava Chakraborty, Justice Hasan Foez Siddique has been nominated as Appellate Division Chamber Judge for the period and will dispose of emergency matters on April 18, 25 and on May 2.
- Most viewed
- Soha Ali Khan’s baby shower preparations are on in full swing
- Cheesy Potato Chips
- National Women's Chess begins Saturday
- NASA’s latest communications satellite arrives in orbit
- Facebook shuts down chat platform used to ‘harass’ employees
- Different brand choices can make dent in relationship
- Development works near Sundarbans jeopardise people’s lives: Sultana Kamal
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Deaths
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- 19 August Births
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- 19 August Events