SC goes into vacation tomorrow
Published : 15 Apr 2017, 14:08
The Supreme Court (SC) is scheduled to go into a 21-day break tomorrow, leaving the vacation benches and the court of Chamber Judge to deal with the urgent matters at the High Court and Appellate Division respectively.
Regular activities of the SC will be off limit because of government holidays, weekly holidays and SC vacation from April 16 to May 6. But Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha already has constituted 16 vacation benches at the High Court Division and the court of Chamber Judge at the Appellate Division to dispose of the emergency matters during the vacation.
According to a notice signed by Deputy Registrar Md Azizul Haque, those 16 vacation benches will hold hearing on different matters on different dates.
On the other hand, another notice signed by SC Additional Registrar Arunava Chakraborty, Justice Hasan Foez Siddique has been nominated as Appellate Division Chamber Judge for the period and will dispose of emergency matters on April 18, 25 and on May 2.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief