Death toll in deadly Dinajpur boiler blast rises to 3
Published : 20 Apr 2017, 14:05
Another worker who received burn injuries in a boiler explosion at a rice mill in Gopalganj of Sadar upazila in Dinajpur district on Wednesday died at Rangpur Medical College Hospital on Thursday.
Sources at the hospital said Anwarul Islam, 45, succumbed to his injuries around 8:00am, raising the death toll from the incident to three.
On Wednesday, two workers, including a female one, were killed and 28 people suffered burn injuries as the boiler went off at 'Jamuna Auto Rice Mill' around 11:00am in Gopalganj's Sadar upazila.
The injured were taken to M Abdur Rahim Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Anjana Bibi, 30, and Moksed Ali, 50, dead.
Of the injured, 14 were shifted to Rangpur Medical College Hospital where Anwarul Islam succumbed to his injuries on Thursday morning.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge