BSF picks up Bangladeshi from Naogaon border
Published : 20 Apr 2017, 14:24
Members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) picked a Bangladeshi youth up from Hapania bordering point in Porsha upazila of Naogaon on Wednesday.
The BSF members from Kadaripara camp dragged away Ramjan Ali, 16, son of Azhar Ali of Srikrishnapur village in the upazila, when he went to his paddy filed near border pillar No 231/4/s in the morning, said BGB Nitpur camp company commander Subedar Rahmatullah.
Meanwhile, the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) sent a letter to BSF demanding that the young man be returned immediately.
In response to the letter, the BSF members promised to return Ramjan after a flag meeting, which is expected to be held on Thursday.
- Most viewed
- Coffee has more power than you ever thought: 3 cups a day helps you live longer
- Spend too much time on social media? It can cause tension in your real life relationships
- PM opens, lays foundation stones of 33 schemes in Rajshahi
- Shah Rukh met Canadian PM Trudeau, family
- PM asks army to uphold democracy, constitution
- Khaleda’s appeal accepted, bail hearing Sunday
- India should not be worried: PM
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- Prime Minister visits Rajshahi today
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- 'Actors also use their sexuality to get things done'