BSF picks up Bangladeshi from Naogaon border
Published : 20 Apr 2017, 14:24
Members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) picked a Bangladeshi youth up from Hapania bordering point in Porsha upazila of Naogaon on Wednesday.
The BSF members from Kadaripara camp dragged away Ramjan Ali, 16, son of Azhar Ali of Srikrishnapur village in the upazila, when he went to his paddy filed near border pillar No 231/4/s in the morning, said BGB Nitpur camp company commander Subedar Rahmatullah.
Meanwhile, the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) sent a letter to BSF demanding that the young man be returned immediately.
In response to the letter, the BSF members promised to return Ramjan after a flag meeting, which is expected to be held on Thursday.
- Most viewed
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- It's all about the well-plumed hats for royal wedding guests
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister