Policewomen honoured for their contribution
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 12:02
The award giving ceremony was held at Police Staff College Convention Hall on Thursday. The awardees received the awards in seven categories.
Bangladesh Police awarded 21 female police officials with Bangladesh Police Women Award 2017 for their extraordinary contribution to their respective sectors.
The award giving ceremony was held at the convention hall of Police Staff College in Dhaka on Thursday. The awardees received the awards in seven categories.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM Shahidul Hoque, State Minister for Women and Children Affairs Meher Afroz Chumki and State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim were present at the ceremony.
The awardees are Fatema Begum, additional inspector general (AIG) at Police Headquarters; Shehela Parvin, superintendent of police (administration); Rownak Jahan, additional superintendent of police in Jamalpur, Ripa Rani Das, additional superintendent of police in Sirajganj; Mahfuza Akter, additional superintendent of police (training and sports); Asma Begum Rita, additional superintendent of police (Expatriates Support Cell); Nadia Jui, assistant commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) in Khilgaon Zone; Shamim Ara Begum, senior assistant director of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) Hearquarters; Poly Akter, trainee sergeant of Tejgaon Industrial Area Traffic Zone; Alia Kha, constable of Detective Branch in Bagerhat; Mosammat Lata Parvin, constable of Chittagong Metropolitan Police (CMP); Tasmiah Tahlil, ASP; Rawshan Sadia Afroz, deputy director of Dhaka Police Staff College; Nishat Rahman Mithun, senior assistant commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan (North) Detective Branch; Shamsur Nahar Khanam, assistant superintendent of police (ASP) of Special Branch; Tanjina Akter, (ASP) of Armed Police Battalion (APBN); Sonia Parvin, (ASP) of Women Support Centre; Yasmin Ara Begum, sub-inspector (SI) of CMP Victim Support Centre; Jannatul Ferdous, SI in Barguna; Sultana Khanam, AIG (administration) and Marjina Khatun, SI of Special Branch.
- Most viewed
- JS speaker returns home from Australia
- Free Online Course Beginner’s Guide to Writing in English for University Study
- Global Youth Leaders Travel and Learning Camp 2017 in Singapore
- Fully Funded Master of Computer Science at Jinan University, China
- Master and PhD scholarship program in Science, Japan
- Chicken Irani
- How breathing exercises can help prevent high blood pressure
- Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
- Prehistoric human DNA found in caves without bones
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- 27 April Births
- 27 April Deaths
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea