Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- 12 tips on how to maintain wooden floors
- World running out of antibiotics!
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- The secret to a perfect dish
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, Prime Minister to IOM DG
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM flies to NY today to join UNGA