Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Honey Chilli Potato
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Facebook's Sandberg favors release of Russia-linked ads
- AL wants next polls be free, fair: PM
- 15 October Deaths
- 15 October Births
- 15 October Events
- 9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
- 10 October Events
- Girl gang raped in front of her boyfriend
- World Mental Health Day being observed
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Blue Whale: Class 9 student saved by Indian teacher
- 10 October Deaths
- 10 October Births
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?