Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Nearly half of women on social media are sexually victimised
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Aduri’s employer gets life term
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city