Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting