Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- PM to be conferred with DLitt Degree at Kazi Nazrul University at Asansol
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
- Hasina calls for int'l support for ''Rohingya Repatriation''
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule