Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women