Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga