Mother, daughter hurt in Gaibandha acid attack
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 13:29
A woman and her young daughter suffered burn injuries in an acid attack by miscreants at Tarafsadulla village in Sadullapur upazila on Thursday night.
Farhad Imrul Kayes, officer-in-charge of Sadullapur police station, said miscreants threw acid on Rashid Begum, 47, wife of Badsha Mia and their daughter Shumi, 23, as they came out of their house around 11:00pm, leaving them critically injured.
He said they were admitted to Polashbari Upazila Health Complex.
Sajib Kumar, duty officer of the health complex, said Rashid suffered 10 burn injuries while Shumi four percent in the acid attack.
Police suspected that the miscreants might have hurled acid on them over a land-related dispute.
However, there was no arrest so far in this connection.
- Most viewed
- Plants that will help you sleep at night
- Chinese Chicken Pakora
- Investigation report deferred
- Merkel warns US, Britain no longer reliable partners
- Jamalpur woman starts her own business from scratch after husband leaves her
- JS budget session begins tomorrow
- At least four dead in Honduras football stadium stampede
- Hasina off to Vienna to attend IAEA conference
- Signal 7 at maritime ports as Cyclone Mora nears
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Indian acid-attack bride finds love from a wrong number
- 27 May Births
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Alcoholism / Alcohol Use Disorder
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22