Heavy rain floods Chittagong city
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 14:09
Streets of the Chittagong city flooded as as rain slashed the city on Friday morning.
The port city went under water, according to the Met office, as the city dwellers witnessed a 32 millimetre of nonstop rain between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning.
Meteorologist Sheikh Farid Ahmed said a Nor'wester with rain and thundershower hit the city in the morning.
Different parts of the city plunged into knee-height water after the rain.
Many of the city homes have been submerged under accumulated rain water.
The rainwater caused long traffic tailback.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women