Heavy rain floods Chittagong city
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 14:09
Streets of the Chittagong city flooded as as rain slashed the city on Friday morning.
The port city went under water, according to the Met office, as the city dwellers witnessed a 32 millimetre of nonstop rain between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning.
Meteorologist Sheikh Farid Ahmed said a Nor'wester with rain and thundershower hit the city in the morning.
Different parts of the city plunged into knee-height water after the rain.
Many of the city homes have been submerged under accumulated rain water.
The rainwater caused long traffic tailback.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest