Heavy rain floods Chittagong city
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 14:09
Streets of the Chittagong city flooded as as rain slashed the city on Friday morning.
The port city went under water, according to the Met office, as the city dwellers witnessed a 32 millimetre of nonstop rain between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning.
Meteorologist Sheikh Farid Ahmed said a Nor'wester with rain and thundershower hit the city in the morning.
Different parts of the city plunged into knee-height water after the rain.
Many of the city homes have been submerged under accumulated rain water.
The rainwater caused long traffic tailback.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors