Heavy rain floods Chittagong city
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 14:09
Streets of the Chittagong city flooded as as rain slashed the city on Friday morning.
The port city went under water, according to the Met office, as the city dwellers witnessed a 32 millimetre of nonstop rain between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning.
Meteorologist Sheikh Farid Ahmed said a Nor'wester with rain and thundershower hit the city in the morning.
Different parts of the city plunged into knee-height water after the rain.
Many of the city homes have been submerged under accumulated rain water.
The rainwater caused long traffic tailback.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation