Heavy rain floods Chittagong city
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 14:09
Streets of the Chittagong city flooded as as rain slashed the city on Friday morning.
The port city went under water, according to the Met office, as the city dwellers witnessed a 32 millimetre of nonstop rain between 6:00am and 9:00am in the morning.
Meteorologist Sheikh Farid Ahmed said a Nor'wester with rain and thundershower hit the city in the morning.
Different parts of the city plunged into knee-height water after the rain.
Many of the city homes have been submerged under accumulated rain water.
The rainwater caused long traffic tailback.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge