Bangladeshi woman arrested in Hong Kong raids
Published : 21 Apr 2017, 16:35
A Bangladeshi woman was arrested from an apartment on Jordan Road in a police raid in Yau Ma Tei area of Hong Kong on Wednesday afternoon.
Another Indian man was also arrested in a separate in Tsim Sha Tsui of the city, the report added on Thursday.
Hong Kong officers arrested the 45-year-old man and 26-year-old woman on suspicion of drug possession, the report further reads.
The report did not disclose identities of the arrestees.
The report added that the Hong Kong police believed that the drugs were mainly for retail sale in the Tsim Sha Tsui district.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina