Signal 3 for maritime ports: Met office
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 13:44
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar,Mongla and Payra have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal number three as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay, said a Met office press release this morning.
"Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, the North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay," it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over the North Bay have been advised to come close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice, the release mentioned.
On river-ports, the Met office said, "In association with rain or thundershowers temporary west or northwesterly squalls speed 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Tangail, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Faridpur,Jessore, Kushtia, Khulna, Barisal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Comilla, Chittagong,Cox's Bazar and Sylhet wherein river-ports shall hoist riverine warning signal no. two."
Besides, rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary west or northwesterly gusty or squally wind speed 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country wherein river-ports shall hoist cautionary signal no. one, it added.
Day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
Today's sunset in Dhaka would at 6:23pm and tomorrow's sunrise at 5:31 am.
- Most viewed
- Malala wins place at Oxford University
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- PM to visit Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday to see flood victims
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Australian Army bans male recruits to get female numbers up
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Miswak
- Roads to avoid on Aug 15
- Baul singer ‘gang-raped’ in Ashulia
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- PM critical of those denying Bangabandhu's contribution
- Hiding The Propaganda
- 13 August Births
- 13 August Deaths