Signal 3 for maritime ports: Met office
Published : 22 Apr 2017, 13:44
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar,Mongla and Payra have been advised to hoist local cautionary signal number three as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay, said a Met office press release this morning.
"Squally weather may affect the maritime ports, the North Bay and adjoining coastal areas of Bangladesh as steep pressure gradient lies over the North Bay," it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over the North Bay have been advised to come close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice, the release mentioned.
On river-ports, the Met office said, "In association with rain or thundershowers temporary west or northwesterly squalls speed 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Tangail, Mymensingh, Dhaka, Faridpur,Jessore, Kushtia, Khulna, Barisal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Comilla, Chittagong,Cox's Bazar and Sylhet wherein river-ports shall hoist riverine warning signal no. two."
Besides, rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary west or northwesterly gusty or squally wind speed 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country wherein river-ports shall hoist cautionary signal no. one, it added.
Day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country.
Today's sunset in Dhaka would at 6:23pm and tomorrow's sunrise at 5:31 am.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia