Published : 11 May 2017, 14:47
The holy Shab-e-Barat, the night of fortune and forgiveness, will be observed in the country tonight with due religious fervour.
Muslim devotees will offer special prayers, recite from the holy Quran, hold milad, zikr and perform other religious rituals throughout the night, seeking divine blessings for the wellbeing of mankind.
They will also visit the graves of their relatives and Muslim saints and distribute sweets and homemade food among the poor, their neighbours, friends and relatives.
According to Muslim belief, on Shab-e-Barat, Allah writes the destinies of all the creations for the coming year by taking into account their past deeds.
On this exalted night, Muslims pray to Allah both in preparation for the holy month of Ramadan and seeking forgiveness of their sins.
Meanwhile, Dhaka Metropolitan Police yesterday imposed a restriction on carrying of all types of explosives and crackers as well as explosion of firecrackers in the capital ahead of the holy Shab-e-Barat.
The DMP enforced the ban, aiming to maintain the sanctity of the night so that it can be observed peacefully, according to a DMP press release.
The restriction will be effective from 6:00pm today to 6:00am tomorrow.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry