'Operation Sun Devil' continues
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:45
The police have resumed the 'Operation Sun Devil' at a 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
The anti-militant operation entered second day on Friday.
Godagari police station officer-in-charge Hipjur Alam Munsi told Prothom Alo that police resumed the operation at 9:00am this morning.
Godagari circle police senior ASP Md Ekramul Haque said a bomb disposal team and local police are jointly conducting the operation.
The team will search the militant hideout and dispose the abandoned explosives, the ASP added.
Five militant killed
Five suspected militants were killed as police raided the 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila on Thursday.
At 9:15am on Thursday, senior assistant superintendent (ASP) of Godagari police circle Md Ekramul Haque told Prothom Alo that at least five militants were killed in the police raid.
Firefighter died at hospital
A firefighter, who was hacked by a suspected militant during the raid, died at the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital while being treated.
Speaking over phone, the ASP said two policemen and a fire service man were injured during the raid. They were admitted to the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
At about 10:00am, Shafiul Azam, a policeman at the hospital outpost said injured firefighter Abdul Matin succumbed to his injuries while being treated.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters