'Operation Sun Devil' continues
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:45
The police have resumed the 'Operation Sun Devil' at a 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
The anti-militant operation entered second day on Friday.
Godagari police station officer-in-charge Hipjur Alam Munsi told Prothom Alo that police resumed the operation at 9:00am this morning.
Godagari circle police senior ASP Md Ekramul Haque said a bomb disposal team and local police are jointly conducting the operation.
The team will search the militant hideout and dispose the abandoned explosives, the ASP added.
Five militant killed
Five suspected militants were killed as police raided the 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila on Thursday.
At 9:15am on Thursday, senior assistant superintendent (ASP) of Godagari police circle Md Ekramul Haque told Prothom Alo that at least five militants were killed in the police raid.
Firefighter died at hospital
A firefighter, who was hacked by a suspected militant during the raid, died at the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital while being treated.
Speaking over phone, the ASP said two policemen and a fire service man were injured during the raid. They were admitted to the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
At about 10:00am, Shafiul Azam, a policeman at the hospital outpost said injured firefighter Abdul Matin succumbed to his injuries while being treated.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Don’t overdo stress or make-up on wedding day
- Female Sherpa from Nepal scales new heights
- Get the smear out before cervical cancer conquers you
- Indian court paves way for 'Padmaavat’ all-India release on 25 Jan
- Woman killed in city road crash
- PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
- 20 January Deaths
- 20 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away