'Operation Sun Devil' continues
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:45
The police have resumed the 'Operation Sun Devil' at a 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
The anti-militant operation entered second day on Friday.
Godagari police station officer-in-charge Hipjur Alam Munsi told Prothom Alo that police resumed the operation at 9:00am this morning.
Godagari circle police senior ASP Md Ekramul Haque said a bomb disposal team and local police are jointly conducting the operation.
The team will search the militant hideout and dispose the abandoned explosives, the ASP added.
Five militant killed
Five suspected militants were killed as police raided the 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila on Thursday.
At 9:15am on Thursday, senior assistant superintendent (ASP) of Godagari police circle Md Ekramul Haque told Prothom Alo that at least five militants were killed in the police raid.
Firefighter died at hospital
A firefighter, who was hacked by a suspected militant during the raid, died at the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital while being treated.
Speaking over phone, the ASP said two policemen and a fire service man were injured during the raid. They were admitted to the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
At about 10:00am, Shafiul Azam, a policeman at the hospital outpost said injured firefighter Abdul Matin succumbed to his injuries while being treated.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- PM seeks expeditious UN attempts to end Rohingya crisis
- 23 September Deaths
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Events
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike