'Operation Sun Devil' continues
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:45
The police have resumed the 'Operation Sun Devil' at a 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
The anti-militant operation entered second day on Friday.
Godagari police station officer-in-charge Hipjur Alam Munsi told Prothom Alo that police resumed the operation at 9:00am this morning.
Godagari circle police senior ASP Md Ekramul Haque said a bomb disposal team and local police are jointly conducting the operation.
The team will search the militant hideout and dispose the abandoned explosives, the ASP added.
Five militant killed
Five suspected militants were killed as police raided the 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila on Thursday.
At 9:15am on Thursday, senior assistant superintendent (ASP) of Godagari police circle Md Ekramul Haque told Prothom Alo that at least five militants were killed in the police raid.
Firefighter died at hospital
A firefighter, who was hacked by a suspected militant during the raid, died at the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital while being treated.
Speaking over phone, the ASP said two policemen and a fire service man were injured during the raid. They were admitted to the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
At about 10:00am, Shafiul Azam, a policeman at the hospital outpost said injured firefighter Abdul Matin succumbed to his injuries while being treated.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia