'Operation Sun Devil' continues
Published : 12 May 2017, 11:45
The police have resumed the 'Operation Sun Devil' at a 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district.
The anti-militant operation entered second day on Friday.
Godagari police station officer-in-charge Hipjur Alam Munsi told Prothom Alo that police resumed the operation at 9:00am this morning.
Godagari circle police senior ASP Md Ekramul Haque said a bomb disposal team and local police are jointly conducting the operation.
The team will search the militant hideout and dispose the abandoned explosives, the ASP added.
Five militant killed
Five suspected militants were killed as police raided the 'militant hideout' in Godagari upazila on Thursday.
At 9:15am on Thursday, senior assistant superintendent (ASP) of Godagari police circle Md Ekramul Haque told Prothom Alo that at least five militants were killed in the police raid.
Firefighter died at hospital
A firefighter, who was hacked by a suspected militant during the raid, died at the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital while being treated.
Speaking over phone, the ASP said two policemen and a fire service man were injured during the raid. They were admitted to the Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
At about 10:00am, Shafiul Azam, a policeman at the hospital outpost said injured firefighter Abdul Matin succumbed to his injuries while being treated.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit