Man sued for attempting child rape
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:55
A case has been filed against a man on charge of attempting to rape a six-year-old girl child in Monirampur upazila of Jessore Monday night.
Mokarram Hossain, officer-in-charge of Monirampur police station, said that the case has been filed against Mohammad Ali Morol, 50, resident of Galda village of the upazila.
Sub-inspector Iqbal, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Mohammad Ali attempted to rape the Class-II student of a local primary school finding her alone at a mango orchard of one Abidur Rahman of the village in the afternoon.
But he fled the scene as the girl screamed, he added.
“Both the parties were trying to settle the matter secretly but they couldn’t as many people came to know about it,” SI Iqbal said.
Later, the father of the girl child filed a lawsuit with Monirampur police station against Mohammad Ali Morol at night, OC Mokarram Hossain said.
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters