Man sued for attempting child rape
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:55
A case has been filed against a man on charge of attempting to rape a six-year-old girl child in Monirampur upazila of Jessore Monday night.
Mokarram Hossain, officer-in-charge of Monirampur police station, said that the case has been filed against Mohammad Ali Morol, 50, resident of Galda village of the upazila.
Sub-inspector Iqbal, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Mohammad Ali attempted to rape the Class-II student of a local primary school finding her alone at a mango orchard of one Abidur Rahman of the village in the afternoon.
But he fled the scene as the girl screamed, he added.
“Both the parties were trying to settle the matter secretly but they couldn’t as many people came to know about it,” SI Iqbal said.
Later, the father of the girl child filed a lawsuit with Monirampur police station against Mohammad Ali Morol at night, OC Mokarram Hossain said.
- Most viewed
- How sleep disorders could affect women and men differently
- Ariana Grande returns to US following Manchester bombing
- Rab cordons off 2 ‘militant dens’ in C’nawabganj
- 24 May Events
- 24 May Births
- 24 May Deaths
- Macher Paturi
- Shabana Azmi plays a mom in The Black Prince, a biopic on Punjab’s last king
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
- Banani Rape: Key accused Nayem
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- Haor people to get fresh agri loan at 4.5 pc: PM
- Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo dies
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif