Man sued for attempting child rape
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:55
A case has been filed against a man on charge of attempting to rape a six-year-old girl child in Monirampur upazila of Jessore Monday night.
Mokarram Hossain, officer-in-charge of Monirampur police station, said that the case has been filed against Mohammad Ali Morol, 50, resident of Galda village of the upazila.
Sub-inspector Iqbal, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Mohammad Ali attempted to rape the Class-II student of a local primary school finding her alone at a mango orchard of one Abidur Rahman of the village in the afternoon.
But he fled the scene as the girl screamed, he added.
“Both the parties were trying to settle the matter secretly but they couldn’t as many people came to know about it,” SI Iqbal said.
Later, the father of the girl child filed a lawsuit with Monirampur police station against Mohammad Ali Morol at night, OC Mokarram Hossain said.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Girl dies falling off easy bike
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM