Man sued for attempting child rape
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:55
A case has been filed against a man on charge of attempting to rape a six-year-old girl child in Monirampur upazila of Jessore Monday night.
Mokarram Hossain, officer-in-charge of Monirampur police station, said that the case has been filed against Mohammad Ali Morol, 50, resident of Galda village of the upazila.
Sub-inspector Iqbal, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Mohammad Ali attempted to rape the Class-II student of a local primary school finding her alone at a mango orchard of one Abidur Rahman of the village in the afternoon.
But he fled the scene as the girl screamed, he added.
“Both the parties were trying to settle the matter secretly but they couldn’t as many people came to know about it,” SI Iqbal said.
Later, the father of the girl child filed a lawsuit with Monirampur police station against Mohammad Ali Morol at night, OC Mokarram Hossain said.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu