Man sued for attempting child rape
Published : 16 May 2017, 12:55
A case has been filed against a man on charge of attempting to rape a six-year-old girl child in Monirampur upazila of Jessore Monday night.
Mokarram Hossain, officer-in-charge of Monirampur police station, said that the case has been filed against Mohammad Ali Morol, 50, resident of Galda village of the upazila.
Sub-inspector Iqbal, investigation officer (IO) of the case, Mohammad Ali attempted to rape the Class-II student of a local primary school finding her alone at a mango orchard of one Abidur Rahman of the village in the afternoon.
But he fled the scene as the girl screamed, he added.
“Both the parties were trying to settle the matter secretly but they couldn’t as many people came to know about it,” SI Iqbal said.
Later, the father of the girl child filed a lawsuit with Monirampur police station against Mohammad Ali Morol at night, OC Mokarram Hossain said.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting