Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
Published : 16 May 2017, 16:20
The bodyguard and driver of Ahmed Shafat, prime accused in the Banani double rape, have been remanded in connection with the case filed over the rape.
Shafat’s driver Billal and his bodyguard Rahmat, who said to have assisted the rape at Raintree hotel in Dhaka's Banani on March 28, were arrested last night and produced before a court in Dhaka today.
Investigation Officer of the case Israt Jahan Amy, inspector of victim support centre, sought the duo in 10-days of remand for quizzing over the rape incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Loshkar Sohel Rana granted police to take bodyguard Rahman for four days and driver Billal three days in remand for questioning.
Four people, including Ahmed Shafat – son of the owner of Apan Jewellers – have been arrested. Shafat and his friend are now in remand. Cops say they have found evidence of rape from their primary testimonial.
The other accused Nayem Ashraf alias Halim is still on the run.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters