Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
Published : 16 May 2017, 16:20
The bodyguard and driver of Ahmed Shafat, prime accused in the Banani double rape, have been remanded in connection with the case filed over the rape.
Shafat’s driver Billal and his bodyguard Rahmat, who said to have assisted the rape at Raintree hotel in Dhaka's Banani on March 28, were arrested last night and produced before a court in Dhaka today.
Investigation Officer of the case Israt Jahan Amy, inspector of victim support centre, sought the duo in 10-days of remand for quizzing over the rape incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Loshkar Sohel Rana granted police to take bodyguard Rahman for four days and driver Billal three days in remand for questioning.
Four people, including Ahmed Shafat – son of the owner of Apan Jewellers – have been arrested. Shafat and his friend are now in remand. Cops say they have found evidence of rape from their primary testimonial.
The other accused Nayem Ashraf alias Halim is still on the run.
- Most viewed
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Elizabeth's memorable encounters with US presidents
- Asif Akbar to act in movies
- PM asks SSF not to isolate her from people
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- AL to fulfill pledges if voted to power again: Prime Minister
- US woman survives 7 days on radiator water after Jeep crash
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- Bangladesh women’s cricket team rout Netherlands by 7 wkts
- Teen arrested for dancing in Iran
- Six boys exit from Thai cave, Rescue operation underway
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- 'Rescued 8 Thai boys in good mental, physical state'