Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
Published : 16 May 2017, 16:20
The bodyguard and driver of Ahmed Shafat, prime accused in the Banani double rape, have been remanded in connection with the case filed over the rape.
Shafat’s driver Billal and his bodyguard Rahmat, who said to have assisted the rape at Raintree hotel in Dhaka's Banani on March 28, were arrested last night and produced before a court in Dhaka today.
Investigation Officer of the case Israt Jahan Amy, inspector of victim support centre, sought the duo in 10-days of remand for quizzing over the rape incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Loshkar Sohel Rana granted police to take bodyguard Rahman for four days and driver Billal three days in remand for questioning.
Four people, including Ahmed Shafat – son of the owner of Apan Jewellers – have been arrested. Shafat and his friend are now in remand. Cops say they have found evidence of rape from their primary testimonial.
The other accused Nayem Ashraf alias Halim is still on the run.
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46