Banani rape: Bodyguard, driver remanded
Published : 16 May 2017, 16:20
The bodyguard and driver of Ahmed Shafat, prime accused in the Banani double rape, have been remanded in connection with the case filed over the rape.
Shafat’s driver Billal and his bodyguard Rahmat, who said to have assisted the rape at Raintree hotel in Dhaka's Banani on March 28, were arrested last night and produced before a court in Dhaka today.
Investigation Officer of the case Israt Jahan Amy, inspector of victim support centre, sought the duo in 10-days of remand for quizzing over the rape incident.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Loshkar Sohel Rana granted police to take bodyguard Rahman for four days and driver Billal three days in remand for questioning.
Four people, including Ahmed Shafat – son of the owner of Apan Jewellers – have been arrested. Shafat and his friend are now in remand. Cops say they have found evidence of rape from their primary testimonial.
The other accused Nayem Ashraf alias Halim is still on the run.
- Most viewed
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor likely to tie the knot in 2020
- Priyanka, Nick Jonas arrive together in India
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- Act now to protect migrants vulnerable to trafficking, exploitation: UN
- Suu Kyi says outside hate narratives driving Myanmar tension
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later