Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
Published : 17 May 2017, 12:44
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU) in Mymensingh's Trishal has sacked a teacher allegedly for raping a female student.
The teacher is namedd as Md Minhaz Uddin, according to an office order signed by registrar of the university Humayun Kabir.
Minhaz Uddin, a lecturer of Accounting and Information Systems department, is already in jail.
On 8 May, the police arrested Minhaz Uddin on charges of raping the female student of the accounting department.
The student filed a written complaint on 2 May, alleging that the teacher developed certain intimate relationship with her with a promise to marry her, according to the university officials.
The university authorities formed a four-member probe body and asked it to submit its report within seven working days from 2 May.
But later on 11 May, the probe committee was recommended to be reformed.
The victim female student told Prothom Alo on Monday, “I lodged a written complaint first with the vice-chancellor. Then, Minhaz threatened to kick me out of the campus.”
“He [Minhaz] is one of my distant relatives. He told my other relatives that I can do no harm to him. So, feeling insecure, I filed a case with the police station,” she added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore