Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
Published : 17 May 2017, 12:44
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU) in Mymensingh's Trishal has sacked a teacher allegedly for raping a female student.
The teacher is namedd as Md Minhaz Uddin, according to an office order signed by registrar of the university Humayun Kabir.
Minhaz Uddin, a lecturer of Accounting and Information Systems department, is already in jail.
On 8 May, the police arrested Minhaz Uddin on charges of raping the female student of the accounting department.
The student filed a written complaint on 2 May, alleging that the teacher developed certain intimate relationship with her with a promise to marry her, according to the university officials.
The university authorities formed a four-member probe body and asked it to submit its report within seven working days from 2 May.
But later on 11 May, the probe committee was recommended to be reformed.
The victim female student told Prothom Alo on Monday, “I lodged a written complaint first with the vice-chancellor. Then, Minhaz threatened to kick me out of the campus.”
“He [Minhaz] is one of my distant relatives. He told my other relatives that I can do no harm to him. So, feeling insecure, I filed a case with the police station,” she added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid