Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
Published : 17 May 2017, 12:44
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU) in Mymensingh's Trishal has sacked a teacher allegedly for raping a female student.
The teacher is namedd as Md Minhaz Uddin, according to an office order signed by registrar of the university Humayun Kabir.
Minhaz Uddin, a lecturer of Accounting and Information Systems department, is already in jail.
On 8 May, the police arrested Minhaz Uddin on charges of raping the female student of the accounting department.
The student filed a written complaint on 2 May, alleging that the teacher developed certain intimate relationship with her with a promise to marry her, according to the university officials.
The university authorities formed a four-member probe body and asked it to submit its report within seven working days from 2 May.
But later on 11 May, the probe committee was recommended to be reformed.
The victim female student told Prothom Alo on Monday, “I lodged a written complaint first with the vice-chancellor. Then, Minhaz threatened to kick me out of the campus.”
“He [Minhaz] is one of my distant relatives. He told my other relatives that I can do no harm to him. So, feeling insecure, I filed a case with the police station,” she added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- PM distributes National Film Awards-2015
- Shabana receives Lifetime Achievement Award from Prime Minister Hasina
- Easy tips to prevent and treat cough, cold during monsoon
- The wonder bowl of beauty
- Tips to stay fit this rainy season
- Princes regret brief last call with Diana
- Student commits suicide failing to get desired marks in HSC exam
- PM to distribute National Film Awards-2015 today
- 25 July Deaths
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Australian senator who breast-fed daughter in parliament resigns
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore
- Minneapolis police shooting of Australian woman sparks questions about body cameras
- Don’t ruin fish market for small gains, PM to exporters