Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
Published : 17 May 2017, 12:44
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU) in Mymensingh's Trishal has sacked a teacher allegedly for raping a female student.
The teacher is namedd as Md Minhaz Uddin, according to an office order signed by registrar of the university Humayun Kabir.
Minhaz Uddin, a lecturer of Accounting and Information Systems department, is already in jail.
On 8 May, the police arrested Minhaz Uddin on charges of raping the female student of the accounting department.
The student filed a written complaint on 2 May, alleging that the teacher developed certain intimate relationship with her with a promise to marry her, according to the university officials.
The university authorities formed a four-member probe body and asked it to submit its report within seven working days from 2 May.
But later on 11 May, the probe committee was recommended to be reformed.
The victim female student told Prothom Alo on Monday, “I lodged a written complaint first with the vice-chancellor. Then, Minhaz threatened to kick me out of the campus.”
“He [Minhaz] is one of my distant relatives. He told my other relatives that I can do no harm to him. So, feeling insecure, I filed a case with the police station,” she added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android