Univ lecturer fired for ‘raping’ student
Published : 17 May 2017, 12:44
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU) in Mymensingh's Trishal has sacked a teacher allegedly for raping a female student.
The teacher is namedd as Md Minhaz Uddin, according to an office order signed by registrar of the university Humayun Kabir.
Minhaz Uddin, a lecturer of Accounting and Information Systems department, is already in jail.
On 8 May, the police arrested Minhaz Uddin on charges of raping the female student of the accounting department.
The student filed a written complaint on 2 May, alleging that the teacher developed certain intimate relationship with her with a promise to marry her, according to the university officials.
The university authorities formed a four-member probe body and asked it to submit its report within seven working days from 2 May.
But later on 11 May, the probe committee was recommended to be reformed.
The victim female student told Prothom Alo on Monday, “I lodged a written complaint first with the vice-chancellor. Then, Minhaz threatened to kick me out of the campus.”
“He [Minhaz] is one of my distant relatives. He told my other relatives that I can do no harm to him. So, feeling insecure, I filed a case with the police station,” she added.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)