Country’s no region to be left behind: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:56
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said her government is taking various development programmes so that no one of any area or a region is left behind or neglected.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plainland at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plainland.
Describing education as people’s rights, Hasina said the government always attaches highest importance to education. “Our biggest aim is to improve the country’s education as no country can move ahead without education.”
She said her government wants to build the country as a poverty- and hunger-free one as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.
- Most viewed
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths