Country’s no region to be left behind: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:56
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said her government is taking various development programmes so that no one of any area or a region is left behind or neglected.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plainland at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plainland.
Describing education as people’s rights, Hasina said the government always attaches highest importance to education. “Our biggest aim is to improve the country’s education as no country can move ahead without education.”
She said her government wants to build the country as a poverty- and hunger-free one as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'