Country’s no region to be left behind: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:56
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said her government is taking various development programmes so that no one of any area or a region is left behind or neglected.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plainland at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plainland.
Describing education as people’s rights, Hasina said the government always attaches highest importance to education. “Our biggest aim is to improve the country’s education as no country can move ahead without education.”
She said her government wants to build the country as a poverty- and hunger-free one as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.
- Most viewed
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge