Country’s no region to be left behind: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
Published : 17 May 2017, 17:56
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said her government is taking various development programmes so that no one of any area or a region is left behind or neglected.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plainland at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plainland.
Describing education as people’s rights, Hasina said the government always attaches highest importance to education. “Our biggest aim is to improve the country’s education as no country can move ahead without education.”
She said her government wants to build the country as a poverty- and hunger-free one as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl