Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
Published : 18 May 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas of Netrakona.
An Air Force helicopter carrying the premier landed at Khaliajuri Degree College ground at around 9.50 am.
Sheikh Hasina will distribute relief goods among the flood-stricken farmers and other distressed people there.
The prime minister will address a public rally at Khaliajuri Degree College ground. She will later visit flashflood-hit haor areas of the upazila.
Sheikh Hasina will return to Dhaka in the afternoon.
Flashfloods, triggered by several days of torrential rain, have inundated vast swathes of the northeastern region and damaged Boro paddy, putting the livelihoods of thousands of farmers at risk.
Sunamganj, Sylhet, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona and Brahmanbaria districts have been badly affected by the floods.
On April 30, the prime minister visited flashflood-affected haor areas of Shalla upazila in Sunamganj and distributed rice and cash money among the flood-hit people there.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry