Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
Published : 18 May 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas of Netrakona.
An Air Force helicopter carrying the premier landed at Khaliajuri Degree College ground at around 9.50 am.
Sheikh Hasina will distribute relief goods among the flood-stricken farmers and other distressed people there.
The prime minister will address a public rally at Khaliajuri Degree College ground. She will later visit flashflood-hit haor areas of the upazila.
Sheikh Hasina will return to Dhaka in the afternoon.
Flashfloods, triggered by several days of torrential rain, have inundated vast swathes of the northeastern region and damaged Boro paddy, putting the livelihoods of thousands of farmers at risk.
Sunamganj, Sylhet, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona and Brahmanbaria districts have been badly affected by the floods.
On April 30, the prime minister visited flashflood-affected haor areas of Shalla upazila in Sunamganj and distributed rice and cash money among the flood-hit people there.
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46