Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
Published : 18 May 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas of Netrakona.
An Air Force helicopter carrying the premier landed at Khaliajuri Degree College ground at around 9.50 am.
Sheikh Hasina will distribute relief goods among the flood-stricken farmers and other distressed people there.
The prime minister will address a public rally at Khaliajuri Degree College ground. She will later visit flashflood-hit haor areas of the upazila.
Sheikh Hasina will return to Dhaka in the afternoon.
Flashfloods, triggered by several days of torrential rain, have inundated vast swathes of the northeastern region and damaged Boro paddy, putting the livelihoods of thousands of farmers at risk.
Sunamganj, Sylhet, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona and Brahmanbaria districts have been badly affected by the floods.
On April 30, the prime minister visited flashflood-affected haor areas of Shalla upazila in Sunamganj and distributed rice and cash money among the flood-hit people there.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll