Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reaches Netrakona
Published : 18 May 2017, 12:39
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas of Netrakona.
An Air Force helicopter carrying the premier landed at Khaliajuri Degree College ground at around 9.50 am.
Sheikh Hasina will distribute relief goods among the flood-stricken farmers and other distressed people there.
The prime minister will address a public rally at Khaliajuri Degree College ground. She will later visit flashflood-hit haor areas of the upazila.
Sheikh Hasina will return to Dhaka in the afternoon.
Flashfloods, triggered by several days of torrential rain, have inundated vast swathes of the northeastern region and damaged Boro paddy, putting the livelihoods of thousands of farmers at risk.
Sunamganj, Sylhet, Habiganj, Moulvibazar, Netrakona and Brahmanbaria districts have been badly affected by the floods.
On April 30, the prime minister visited flashflood-affected haor areas of Shalla upazila in Sunamganj and distributed rice and cash money among the flood-hit people there.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara