Missing woman found dead in Sylhet
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:15
A woman missing since Tuesday night was found dead at Janakollyan Bazar in Balaganj upazila on Wednesday.
Locals spotted the body of Safia Begum, wife of Ponku Mia of Kulma village, a mother of four, and informed police.
Police recovered the body of the Safia around 12pm and sent it to the local hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sadikur Rahman, sub-inspector of Balaganj Police Station, said Safia went out of her house on Tuesday evening to get food for her children but never came back.
The body bore several injury marks, said police.
Police suspected that miscreants might have killed Safia after violating her and dumped the body here.
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises