Missing woman found dead in Sylhet
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:15
A woman missing since Tuesday night was found dead at Janakollyan Bazar in Balaganj upazila on Wednesday.
Locals spotted the body of Safia Begum, wife of Ponku Mia of Kulma village, a mother of four, and informed police.
Police recovered the body of the Safia around 12pm and sent it to the local hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sadikur Rahman, sub-inspector of Balaganj Police Station, said Safia went out of her house on Tuesday evening to get food for her children but never came back.
The body bore several injury marks, said police.
Police suspected that miscreants might have killed Safia after violating her and dumped the body here.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life