Missing woman found dead in Sylhet
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:15
A woman missing since Tuesday night was found dead at Janakollyan Bazar in Balaganj upazila on Wednesday.
Locals spotted the body of Safia Begum, wife of Ponku Mia of Kulma village, a mother of four, and informed police.
Police recovered the body of the Safia around 12pm and sent it to the local hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sadikur Rahman, sub-inspector of Balaganj Police Station, said Safia went out of her house on Tuesday evening to get food for her children but never came back.
The body bore several injury marks, said police.
Police suspected that miscreants might have killed Safia after violating her and dumped the body here.
- Most viewed
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims