Missing woman found dead in Sylhet
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:15
A woman missing since Tuesday night was found dead at Janakollyan Bazar in Balaganj upazila on Wednesday.
Locals spotted the body of Safia Begum, wife of Ponku Mia of Kulma village, a mother of four, and informed police.
Police recovered the body of the Safia around 12pm and sent it to the local hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sadikur Rahman, sub-inspector of Balaganj Police Station, said Safia went out of her house on Tuesday evening to get food for her children but never came back.
The body bore several injury marks, said police.
Police suspected that miscreants might have killed Safia after violating her and dumped the body here.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 2 schoolgirls 'gang-raped'
- Anti-Muslim Australian senator wears burqa in Parliament