Missing woman found dead in Sylhet
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:15
A woman missing since Tuesday night was found dead at Janakollyan Bazar in Balaganj upazila on Wednesday.
Locals spotted the body of Safia Begum, wife of Ponku Mia of Kulma village, a mother of four, and informed police.
Police recovered the body of the Safia around 12pm and sent it to the local hospital morgue for autopsy.
Sadikur Rahman, sub-inspector of Balaganj Police Station, said Safia went out of her house on Tuesday evening to get food for her children but never came back.
The body bore several injury marks, said police.
Police suspected that miscreants might have killed Safia after violating her and dumped the body here.
- Most viewed
- Fettuccine Paneer Alfredo
- PM expects Bangladesh to produce swimming talents
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Banani rape: Nayem Ashraf confessing at court
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- Kidman wants more films by women
- Theresa May to press Trump over bomb photo leaks
- 50 RMG employee fall sick for hot weather
- PM greets Tigers on their victory against Kiwis
- Banani hotel rape charge 'credible', police say
- Swatch of No-ground: A treasure trove of marine lives
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Blackberry working on anti-hack tool
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia