Banani rape: Key accused Nayem Ashraf placed in 7-day remand
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:21
Latest arrestee of the much talked-about Banani double rape case, Nayem Ashraf has been sent to serve a seven-day remand for quizzing in police custody.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate SM Masud Zaman passed the order after investigation officer Ismat Ara Ame produced Nayem and moved a remand plea of 10 days.
Arrested last night from Munshiganj’s Lohajang, Nayem Ashraf alias Halim has primarily confessed his involvement during primary questioning in detective custody.
Earlier today, Monirul Islam, deputy inspector general of Dhaka Metropolitan Police, said police found certainty of the rape allegation brought to fore by two university girls.
The girls had alleged that the incident took place at The Raintree hotel, an upscale hotel in the capital’s posh Banani area, on March 28. They surfaced with the allegation much later.
So far, police have said they have found the allegation to be true.
Meanwhile, four other arrestees in the case, Ahmed Shafat, his associate Shadman Sakif, his bodyguard Rahmat and driver Billal have already been remanded.
Among them, Shafat confessed his involvement in the act before a magistrate today.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry