Women's holiday market in every ward: Mayor Anisul
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:39
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor Anisul Haque today said women's holiday markets would be set up in every ward of the corporation in phases.
The DNCC is committed to rehabilitate the women entrepreneurs, he said while inaugurating a women's holiday market in city's Mohakhali area.
The DNCC and For the Women By the Women Forum jointly set up the market that will run from 10 am to 7 pm on holidays with 50 mobile shops.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan addressed the function as the chief guest.
Bangladesh Bank Executive Director Md Mizanur Rahman, DNCC Chief Executive Officer Md Mesbahul Islam, For the Women By the Women Forum President Shamsunnahar and General Secretary Popy Barua, Bangladesh Commerce Bank Limited Managing Director Md Saifur Rahman Patowari, Trust Bank Limited Senior Vice President Ahsan Zaman Chowdhury, Well Group Chief Executive Officer Syed Nurul Islam and Ward Councilor Md Nasir, among others, were present on the occasion.
Asaduzzaman said the government will do everything so that the small women entrepreneurs can run their businesses safely.
He said the present government under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is committed to ensure women empowerment by creating employment opportunities for them.
Ward councilor Aleya Sarwar Daizi will supervise the activities of the women's holiday market at Mohakhali as its focal point.
- Most viewed
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held