Women's holiday market in every ward: Mayor Anisul
Published : 18 May 2017, 18:39
Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) Mayor Anisul Haque today said women's holiday markets would be set up in every ward of the corporation in phases.
The DNCC is committed to rehabilitate the women entrepreneurs, he said while inaugurating a women's holiday market in city's Mohakhali area.
The DNCC and For the Women By the Women Forum jointly set up the market that will run from 10 am to 7 pm on holidays with 50 mobile shops.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan addressed the function as the chief guest.
Bangladesh Bank Executive Director Md Mizanur Rahman, DNCC Chief Executive Officer Md Mesbahul Islam, For the Women By the Women Forum President Shamsunnahar and General Secretary Popy Barua, Bangladesh Commerce Bank Limited Managing Director Md Saifur Rahman Patowari, Trust Bank Limited Senior Vice President Ahsan Zaman Chowdhury, Well Group Chief Executive Officer Syed Nurul Islam and Ward Councilor Md Nasir, among others, were present on the occasion.
Asaduzzaman said the government will do everything so that the small women entrepreneurs can run their businesses safely.
He said the present government under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is committed to ensure women empowerment by creating employment opportunities for them.
Ward councilor Aleya Sarwar Daizi will supervise the activities of the women's holiday market at Mohakhali as its focal point.
- Most viewed
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- 17 August Events
- 17 August Births
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Sloane Stephens reaches Rogers Cup semifinals
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- India's First Female SWAT Team Starts Work
- Man linked to reality TV star Bethenny Frankel found dead