This time PM boards rickshaw in Khaliajuri
Published : 19 May 2017, 12:39
After travelling by a rickshaw van at his ancestral village of Tungipara in Gopalganj in January, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this time boarded a rickshaw in Khaliajuri of Netrakona yesterday.
The Prime Minister, on a visit to Khaliajuri upazila to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas, took a trip by a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow from Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex.
After holding a meeting with public representatives, government officials and the local elite at Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex, the Prime Minister surprised all by boarding a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow, which is nearly 200 yards off the venue.
The people of the upazila enjoyed astonishingly the Prime Minister's rickshaw ride.
The fortunate rickshaw-puller was Tipu Sultan who hails from Chinarhati village of Khaliajuri upazila.
Later talking to this correspondent, Tipu Sultan, who has been engaged in rickshaw pulling for six months, said he is delighted to carry the Prime Minister as his passenger.
"I'm very happy that the honourable Prime Minister boarded my rickshaw," he said.
Tipu Sultan, however, said he wants to do other jobs instead of rickshaw-pulling.
On Jan 27, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on board a local rickshaw van along with her grandchildren, had a round visit at her ancestral village in Tungipara to see for herself the condition of the villagers side by side enjoying the beauty of the place.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised