This time PM boards rickshaw in Khaliajuri
Published : 19 May 2017, 12:39
After travelling by a rickshaw van at his ancestral village of Tungipara in Gopalganj in January, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this time boarded a rickshaw in Khaliajuri of Netrakona yesterday.
The Prime Minister, on a visit to Khaliajuri upazila to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas, took a trip by a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow from Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex.
After holding a meeting with public representatives, government officials and the local elite at Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex, the Prime Minister surprised all by boarding a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow, which is nearly 200 yards off the venue.
The people of the upazila enjoyed astonishingly the Prime Minister's rickshaw ride.
The fortunate rickshaw-puller was Tipu Sultan who hails from Chinarhati village of Khaliajuri upazila.
Later talking to this correspondent, Tipu Sultan, who has been engaged in rickshaw pulling for six months, said he is delighted to carry the Prime Minister as his passenger.
"I'm very happy that the honourable Prime Minister boarded my rickshaw," he said.
Tipu Sultan, however, said he wants to do other jobs instead of rickshaw-pulling.
On Jan 27, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on board a local rickshaw van along with her grandchildren, had a round visit at her ancestral village in Tungipara to see for herself the condition of the villagers side by side enjoying the beauty of the place.
- Most viewed
- 21 May Events
- 21 May Births
- 21 May Deaths
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- President, PM for ensuring accuracy in weights, measures
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wed in Windsor as millions watch
- Ramadan Recipes: How to Easily Make Basbousa
- Clooneys, Beckhams arrive for royal wedding
- Mallika Sherawat locks herself in a cage for a cause
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- SC decision on Khaleda’s bail Wednesday
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Prime Minister asks police to provide proper service
- Eat yogurt ‘appetizer’ to cut down chronic inflammation risk
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya