This time PM boards rickshaw in Khaliajuri
Published : 19 May 2017, 12:39
After travelling by a rickshaw van at his ancestral village of Tungipara in Gopalganj in January, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina this time boarded a rickshaw in Khaliajuri of Netrakona yesterday.
The Prime Minister, on a visit to Khaliajuri upazila to see for herself the flood-affected haor areas, took a trip by a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow from Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex.
After holding a meeting with public representatives, government officials and the local elite at Khaliajuri Upazila Health Complex, the Prime Minister surprised all by boarding a rickshaw to go to Khaliajuri District Council Dak Banglow, which is nearly 200 yards off the venue.
The people of the upazila enjoyed astonishingly the Prime Minister's rickshaw ride.
The fortunate rickshaw-puller was Tipu Sultan who hails from Chinarhati village of Khaliajuri upazila.
Later talking to this correspondent, Tipu Sultan, who has been engaged in rickshaw pulling for six months, said he is delighted to carry the Prime Minister as his passenger.
"I'm very happy that the honourable Prime Minister boarded my rickshaw," he said.
Tipu Sultan, however, said he wants to do other jobs instead of rickshaw-pulling.
On Jan 27, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on board a local rickshaw van along with her grandchildren, had a round visit at her ancestral village in Tungipara to see for herself the condition of the villagers side by side enjoying the beauty of the place.
- Most viewed
- A sweet sinful summer affair
- So you’ve worked hard and want to sustain all that weight you’ve lost? Then stay away from dieting
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- Mim to play a lawyer in ‘Sultan The Saviour’
- Woman flogged 100 times and then 'sexually assaulted' (Video)
- Married teacher is arrested over 'sexual relationship' with student, 13
- EU agrees on Brexit guidelines, sets deadline on Ireland
- 24 March Deaths
- 24 March Births
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism