Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll