Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Alcoholism / Alcohol Use Disorder
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Attempt to rape case filed against Ctg OC, two other cops
- Day labourer turns successful retailer
- Benefits of different teas
- Taylor Swift keeping Joe Alwyn romance 'private'
- JICA will never stop cooperation with Bangladesh: JICA chief
- Statue of Greek goddess on SC premises being taken down
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- 21 May Deaths
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- Change Maker: Seven stand strong