Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
- Melania Trump's pricey jacket draws attention in Sicily
- Raid at Savar ‘militant dens’: 7 grenades, 3 suicide vests found
- NASA’s Juno probe forces ‘rethink’ on Jupiter
- Nokia 9: Dual rear cameras leaked in new images, 8GB RAM, and more
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Indian aid arrives as Sri Lanka monsoon toll hits 100
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Cannes 2017: Aishwarya unleashes glamour in red gown
- Banani rape: Cops allowed for forensic test on mobiles of Shafat, Sakif
- 'Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar'
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- PM accorded warm reception in Saudi Arabia
- New Zealand space launch has nation reaching for the stars
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)