Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held