Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Trump blasts Oprah
- 20 February Deaths
- 20 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife