Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf