Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone is the new mom in B-town!
- Useful tips for beautiful nails
- Microcredit programmes turn many women self-employed
- Muslim Ummah facing harassment for involvement of some people in militancy: PM
- 2 women surrender as cops cordon off Meherpur ‘militant den’
- Court orders de-sealing of hotel room where Sunanda died
- Minneapolis police chief resigns after Australian woman's shooting
- 22 July Deaths
- 22 July Births
- Tahsan, Mithila announce their divorce
- Maryam Mirzakhani, only woman to take math's highest award, dies at 40
- '50% women face unwanted touching at markets'
- Students clash with cops at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- Unidentified girl dies at DMCH, 12 days after rescue in senseless state
- Case filed against Roopa Ganguly for rape remark
- Shah Rukh delights himself to traditional thali in Jaipur
- 2,000 girl cyclists say 'No' to early marriage
- Bangladeshi gets 11 years’ jail for raping tourist in Singapore