Woman, grandchild die from electrocution in Jessore
Published : 19 May 2017, 16:54
A woman and her grandchild died from electrocution at Jogananda Katho village in Jhikargachha upazila of Jessore district on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Mariam Khatun, 55, wife of Haru and her grandchild Alamin, 15, son of Anarul Islam.
Masud Karim, officer-in-charge of Jhikargaccha Police Station, said Mariam died on the spot when she came in contact with an electric wire while removing cloths from the wire around 6pm.
Anarul was also electrocuted when he tried to rescue her.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh