PM attends milad for grandmother
Published : 01 Jun 2017, 14:18
A milad and doa mahfil was held at Bangabandhu Bhaban in city's Dhanmondi after Asr prayers yesterday on the occasion of the 42nd death anniversary of Sayera Khatun, mother of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and grandmother of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina attended the milad and doa mahfil.
Relatives, friends and well-wishers of Bangabandhu family, trustees of the Bangabandhu Memorial Trust and officials of the Prime Minister's Office also joined the milad and doa.
A special munajat was offered on the occasion seeking divine blessings for eternal peace of the departed soul.
Prayers were also offered seeking eternal peace of the departed souls of Bangabandhu and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as good health and long life of Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana and continued peace, progress and prosperity of the nation.
- Most viewed
- Indian scientists develop ‘healthy’ wine from tea
- Top benefits of tejpatta or bay leaves
- Pushing for blind dates
- Easy tips on how to keep your white clothes whiter and brighter
- Permanent Peoples' Tribunal finds Myanmar guilty
- Hindu community to cut Durga Puja expense to aid Rohingyas
- Prime minister at UN urges 'safe zones' for Myanmar's Rohingya
- PM seeks urgent steps to end Rohingya crisis; places 5-point proposal to UN
- 22 September Deaths
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Selena Gomez back to work after kidney transplant
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll