PM attends milad for grandmother
Published : 01 Jun 2017, 14:18
A milad and doa mahfil was held at Bangabandhu Bhaban in city's Dhanmondi after Asr prayers yesterday on the occasion of the 42nd death anniversary of Sayera Khatun, mother of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and grandmother of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina attended the milad and doa mahfil.
Relatives, friends and well-wishers of Bangabandhu family, trustees of the Bangabandhu Memorial Trust and officials of the Prime Minister's Office also joined the milad and doa.
A special munajat was offered on the occasion seeking divine blessings for eternal peace of the departed soul.
Prayers were also offered seeking eternal peace of the departed souls of Bangabandhu and other martyrs of the August 15 carnage as well as good health and long life of Sheikh Hasina and Sheikh Rehana and continued peace, progress and prosperity of the nation.
- Most viewed
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
- US women open year with 5-1 win over Denmark
- 22 January Deaths
- 22 January Births
- 22 January Events
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong